Congo reports 3 new Ebola cases

Congo reports 3 new Ebola cases

Ebola Archives. CREDIT: AFRICA CDC

KINSHASA: Three new cases of Ebola virus disease have been confirmed by health officials in the northeastern province of North Kivu in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) five months after the end of a previous Ebola outbreak in the same province, the World Health Organization (WHO) said Monday.

As of October 16, three new cases have been confirmed, including two deaths, in the Butsili Health Area of Beni Health Zone, bringing the total to five confirmed cases with three deaths, the WHO’s office in DRC said on Monday on its Twitter account.

Five cases have so far been confirmed by health officials, including three deaths, since the first confirmed case of a 2-year-old boy who died on October 6. To date, only the Butsili Health Area remains affected.

By XinHua

https://www.manilatimes.net/2021/10/20/news/world/congo-reports-3-new-ebola-cases/1819041

Related post

FG approves N32 billion for BHCPF to strengthen primary…

Mr Pate underscored the government’s commitment to expanding healthcare access and affordability, particularly at the grassroots level. The federal government has…
Strategic Health Summit 2025: Transforming Nigeria’s Health Sector for a Resilient Future.

Strategic Health Summit 2025: Transforming Nigeria’s Health Sector for…

On February 18, 2025, the Strategic Health Summit for a Healthier Nigeria was held at the Transcorp Hilton in Abuja, bringing…
Civil Society Groups Advocate for Comprehensive Health Security Reforms in Nigeria

Civil Society Groups Advocate for Comprehensive Health Security Reforms…

In response to growing concerns about Nigeria’s vulnerability to public health crises, a coalition of civil society organizations recently convened a…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *